By using LowImpact job board service you agree to these Job Board Terms and you should read it carefully before using the Job Board.
To use the Job Board, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. If you are using the Job Board to submit an advertisement for an open job position (a “Job Post”), you are a “Job Poster” and should pay special attention to the Terms Specific to Job Posters. If you are using the Job Board to search, view and apply for jobs, you are a “Job Seeker” and should pay special attention to the Terms Specific to Job Seekers. The General Terms are applicable to both Job Posters and Job Seekers.
Terms Specific to Job Posters
- Authority. If you are submitting a Job Post on behalf of a business, organisation, agency, institution, or other entity (“Employer”), then you are agreeing to these Terms on the Employer’s behalf and that you are an authorised representative of the Employer with the authority to bind the Employer under this contract. Throughout these Terms, the word “you” refers to both you personally and the Employer.
- Contents of Job Posts. You are solely responsible and liable for the contents of your Job Post. You may only submit Job Posts that represent real and current job openings. Your Job Post must comply with all applicable local, state laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to laws relating to anti-discrimination, labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements.
- Publishing a Job Post. Once submitted, Job Posts are typically published within five (5) business days or fewer. You will receive a confirmation email with a receipt once your Job Post is published. Lowimpact reserves the right to reject any Job Post in its sole discretion and to provide a refund of fees as your sole remedy for such rejection. Lowimpact reserves the right to make non-material edits to your Job Post, such as fixing typos or misspellings, without prior notice to or consent from you. Lowimpact’s acceptance and publishing of a Job Post does not represent any guarantee or warranty that the Job Post is non-infringing, in compliance with applicable laws, rules or regulations, or otherwise compliant with these Terms.
- Job Post Benefits. Job Posts will be posted on the Job Board for the time specified in your chosen plan.
- Billing Policies. By submitting a Job Post and providing your credit card or debit card information, you authorise us to charge your debit card for credit card (“Payment Method”) for the applicable fees, along with any applicable taxes, and you agree to accept an electronic record of a receipt. If acting on behalf of an Employer, you represent that you are authorised to use the Payment Method on the Employer’s behalf. By providing any Payment Method, you agree that certain credit card, debit card and billing information may be shared with the relevant payment processor and other necessary service providers. While in most cases transactions are completed without difficulty, there is no such thing as perfect security on the Internet or offline. We cannot and do not take responsibility for the success or security of transactions processed by third parties.
- No Refunds. Job Post fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable. If you wish to remove a Job Post before the end of the Listing Period, you may contact email@example.com to request its removal. You will not receive any refund even if you remove a Job Post prior to the end of its Listing Period.
- Rights and Licenses. By submitting a Job Post, you expressly grant Lowimpact a royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, adapt, translate, sublicense, and publicly display. In addition, by submitting a Job Post, you consent to the inclusion of your company’s name and/or Marks in a list of current and previous users of the Job Board service which may be posted on Lowimpacts digital properties or used in other marketing materials. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending an email notice to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your name and/or Marks from our publicly-posted customer lists soon as practicable following receipt of such notice.
- Violations and Removals. You acknowledge and agree that Lowimpact Media may, with no liability or penalty, remove any Job Posts which it determines, in its sole discretion: (a) violates these Terms; (b) is false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, immoral, offensive, obscene, pornographic, disruptive, threatening, abusive or in violation of any applicable law, rule or regulation; or (c) may violate or lead to the violation of the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety and privacy of any third party. Additionally, Lowimpact may refuse to accept and publish future Job Posts if any of your previous Job Posts were removed for any of the foregoing reasons. You understand and accept that you will not receive any credit or refund for Job Posts removed or cancelled pursuant to this provision.
- Job Poster Disclaimers. Lowimpact does not make any guarantees regarding the number of views, clicks, shares or other Job Seeker interactions that your Job Post may receive. Lowimpact does not guarantee that your Job Post will generate any specific number of applicants or candidates, or that the applicants or candidates it does generate will be suitable. Lowimpact does not, and cannot, confirm the identity or qualifications of the Job Seekers that may access or respond to your Job Posts. You are solely responsible and liable for your interactions with Job Seekers who you may encounter by virtue of your Job Posts, and you assume all risks for such interactions.
Terms Specific to Job Seekers
- Job Seeker Disclaimer. Lowimpact does not have control over the quality, accuracy, completeness, veracity or legality of Job Posts. You understand and agree that Lowimpacr has no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Job Post posted on the Job Board or for the actions of any Job Poster. If you are concerned about the legitimacy, legality or safety of any Job Post you find on the Job Board, you should send an email to email@example.com. Please note that AXIOS Media is not required to take down any Job Post even if notified of a potential concern, and that any failure or refusal to remove such Job Post will not create any duty of care or any liability on the part of AXIOS Media.
- Assumption of Risk and Responsibility. You are solely responsible for your interactions with the Job Posters whom you may encounter by using the Job Board. Please note that there are risks that may arise when dealing with strangers online and in-person, including but not limited to the risk of identity theft or physical harm. You should therefore use caution regarding the information you elect to share as part of your job search. Remember, if the job or the job offer sounds too good to be true, you need to be extra vigilant and conduct your own checks before responding to any communication or taking any action.
- Disputes between Job Posters and Job Seekers. If you have any disputes with or claims against any Job Seeker or Job Poster, you agree to pursue any remedies directly with such party.
- Universal Disclaimers. THE JOB BOARD IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY THAT:(I) ANY CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE JOB BOARD SITE IS ACCURATE, LEGALLY COMPLIANT, UP-TO-DATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (II) THE JOB BOARD SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (III) THE JOB BOARD SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR SECURE; (IV) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (V) THE JOB BOARD SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE JOB BOARD SITE, WHETHER BY THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS OR JOB POSTERS, OR FOR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE ACCESSIBLE VIA THE JOB BOARD SITE. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY INTERACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANOTHER JOB SEEKER OR JOB POSTER OR ANY THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISER ON THE JOB BOARD SITE. ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Changes. These Terms are subject to occasional revision. If we make any material changes, we may notify you by sending you an e-mail to the last e-mail address you provided to us (if any) or by posting notice of the changes on our Site. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. Any changes to the Agreement will be effective immediately for new users of the Job Board services and ten (10) calendar days following our provision of notice for existing Job Posters and Job Seekers. Continued use of our Services following notice of such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of, and agreement to be bound by, such changes.